Tuesday, November 02, 2004

ELECTION DAY
Vote as though your life depends on it. It does.

The polls tell me that the vote will be excruciatingly close, my gut tells me that Bush will win by a surprising margin that will have the Mainstream Media scratching their heads in befuddlement.

My gut has an inherent faith in the American people. My gut tells me that the American people don't give two hoots in hell what France, Germany or any other Euroweenie cowardocracy thinks of our foreign policy because they know in their heart that these critics in the EU owe their very existance to us, that is U.S. The fact that they choose not to support us now does not illustrate anything but their historical inability to make the right choice.

I pray that my gut is correct as this election will determine our course at one of the most momentous times in our history. It will determine whether we are truly "the world's last, best hope" or simply a nation who feels that it must pass a "global test" before doing what it knows, in its heart, is right. Michael Medved has often spoke of the "invisible hand" that has guided us at critical moments in our history. May that be so today.

No comments: