Thursday, February 02, 2012

Does this fall under the "Not Watching Sausage Being Made" rule?

Yeah, I think it does, and are we supposed to see this as good news?

McDonald’s confirms that it’s no longer using ‘pink slime’ chemical in hamburgers 
McDonald's announced last week that, as of last August, is has stopped using ammonium hydroxide in the production of its hamburgers. MSNBC reports that the chemical, used in fertilizers, household cleaners and even homemade explosives, was also used to prepare McDonalds' hamburger meat. 
And while the announcement is making headlines, you may (or may not) want to know about some other unusual chemicals being used in the production of some of our most-popular foods:

Actually, no, I'd prefer not to know.  If you would like to know, however, please follow the link.  I'll admit that my guilty pleasure was a periodic trip to McDonald's but as I've gotten older, the craving has been less frequent as it just made me feel like crap for the rest of the day.

That this is a chemical used in homemade explosives may explain.........oh, never mind

No comments: