Monday, May 11, 2009

Don't blame Obama, it's all Bush's fault!

Obama gameplan: Accept all of the credit, defer all of the blame to the previous administration.

High U.S. budget deficits not Obama's fault-Orszag

WASHINGTON, May 11 (Reuters) - High U.S. budget deficits are being driven by an economic crisis that President Barack Obama inherited, White House Budget Director Peter Orszag said on Monday.

Orszag, writing in a blog posting, also said that the administration's latest budget deficit estimates -- which were revised upward by $89 billion and $87 billion for this year and next, respectively -- reflect the latest data on tax receipts, federal bailouts and other government costs.

So, this is what passes for leadership in the context of the current administration? Were I Obama, I would disavow such statements and accept responsibility for my decisions and policies, but I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: