Friday, June 03, 2005

ON THE SUBJECT OF KORAN DESECRATION
I'm supposed to respect your violent, oppressive tome? I don't think so.

I have to tell you, I don't give crap about Koran desecration. Mind you, I have my doubts (and if it did happen, I don't believe that it was a "pattern"), but even so, I could care less.

Besides, have we forgotten who these inmates at Guantanimo Bay are? They're murderers and terrorists who want nothing more than to destroy our very civilization, and we are supposed to believe their complaints? To hell with their sensibilities.

Whether we want to believe it or not, we are in the midst of a religious war. We didn't ask for it, but it came to us anyway. We continually try to avoid it, even now, but it it is continually waged on us. It is waged on us by people who are so addicted to obscene violence that their "religion" has been reduced to nothing more than an excuse for their baser insticts. These are people that took the Church of The Nativity in Bethlehem by force, occupied it, defiled it, defecated in it and used the pages of ancient Bibles as toilet paper. Yet they are now whining about Koran desecration? These are people who have absolutely NO respect for anyone's faith, yet expect everyone to respect theirs. These are people who have squandered countles TRILLIONS of dollars in oil revenues yet they endlessly whine about their poverty and continue to pledge their allegience to the despots who have kept them mired in poverty because these despots publicly profess to be devout Muslims, though in private they are the worst kind of depraved, Godless monsters. As a "culture" (and I use that word very loosely) they are like malevolent children who have never been told "no" and throw a tantrum when they don't get their way. The more we placate them, the more malevolent they become because they can see that that is how they get their way. I lost any respect that I had for Islam a long time ago and until I see some reform on their part, I'll not have any respect. Until I see some respect from them for my culture, I see no reason to have any of theirs.

If it's a religious war they want, then so be it. Let us engage them and end this insanity here and now. The people of Allah have killed, and continue to kill, far too many of my countrymen and my spiritual bretheren for me feel compassion. I believe that what is at stake is the very survival of our Judeo-Christian culture, for that is their true enemy. It is they who have chosen war and it is they who must now choose peace.

Where are the "moderate" voices of Islam and why do they not speak? Where are the righteous and peaceful Muslims and why do they not recoil at what their religion has become? Why are they not screaming at the top of their lungs in agony at the unspeakable atrocities that are being committed, even against other Muslims, in the name of their Allah? It's because it's just to hard a case to make. It's because Islam is not a "religion of peace" and no matter who says it, or how many times they repeat it will it ever be so. At its center is darkness, violence and oppression. Is it any wonder that it is adopted by violent criminals in prison? It doesn't make these criminals more peaceful, caring participants in society, it "spiritualizes" their rage and codifies their baser instincts. It doesn't raise one up, it gives one an excuse to wallow in self pity and rage.

As for the hand-wringers who are so concerned about treating the koran with respect, weren't these the same people who saw nothing wrong with placing a Crucifix in a jar of urine, naming it "Piss Christ" and having it funded by the government in the name of "art" and "free speech"? Did Christians erupt in violence over this abomination?

To those who are so distressed about this ALLEGED Koran desecration, I can only say "get over it" and enjoy a little taste of the indignities that have been heaped upon Christianity of late.

As for me, I'm still distressed over the deaths of 3,000 innocent people on 9/11 and the desecration of the New York City skyline. I think I will be for a very long time.

No comments: