Friday, August 19, 2011

Off to the State Fair!

We’re going to the State Fair for the first time in decades. Why, you ask? First, I like to see the type of yahoo that actually attends the State Fair and, secondly, I like to provide another subject for others who like to do the same thing.

UPDATE:
I guess I could have found better ways to spend the afternoon; now I remember why I haven't been to a State Fair in recent memory. On the other hand, there were a lot of people there who seemed to be enjoying themselves, and it was certainly different from my usual activities, but I doubt if I'll return any time soon...or maybe I will.

I do think it's a good cultural education for city folk like me to attend these events. Those FFA and 4H kids make one positively optimistic about the future, and there's a quality to the people who come in from "out in the state" that's refreshing. In the end, I think we city folk benefit more from the encounter than do the country folk.

No comments: