Thursday, August 20, 2009

Domestic Air Travel, Afghan Style

Those who know me know that I travel a lot by air; generally 4 days a week. I take a very early flight out in the morning and usually a late flight out in the evening. This amounts to 10 hours working and another 3 commuting.

Needless to say, I spend a a great deal of time in airports and I often observe the American public - let's fact it, an airport is a fairly representative microcosm of America- and I'm often depressed by what I see.

I came across this posting about domestic air travel in Afghanistan by an American blogger reporting from that sad corner of the world. Needless to say, I'm feeling much better about my lot now, and that of America.

The following pictures are from Herat, Afghanistan, of the domestic Airport, provided by said blogger, JD Johannes. hit his tip jar, he's doing good work there!

The Afghan "Jet Set"(where's the Starbucks?):

The airport and tower:

Baggage Claim:


It makes O'Hare look like Oz!

No comments: