Monday, January 08, 2007

RHETORICAL FLATULENCE

An apparent gas leak in Lower Manhattan has caused justifiable concern. As teams of people who do such things spring into action in an effort to correct the situation, Mayor Bloomberg hastens to reassure the public:

Bloomberg also said there was no indication the air was unsafe to breathe. "It may just be an unpleasant smell."

"We are waiting for the gas to pass," the mayor said.


Perhaps "dissipate" would have been a better choice of words, no?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dale! I'm so glad I found you still here and still posting...although this one is a few weeks old. Funny though. Saije (Sally)

I'm not on Blogger anymore so I'll check back here.

Dale Weeks said...

Saije,

Wow, a blast from the past! I do hope you are well. I always enjoyed reading your stuff and I hope that you resume in the future.

I've just been so busy that I haven't found time to vent. Perhaps I should make some time lest I explode!

What a nice surprise, thanks for stopping by!