Wednesday, September 21, 2005

DUTCH TV: THE VAST WASTED-LAND?

I can't say what I know what to make of this story from the Netherlands:

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands -The host of a new Dutch talk show plans to take heroin and LSD on the air in a program intended to reach young audiences on topics that touch their lives, producers said Wednesday.

The show, scheduled to premiere on late-night television Oct. 10, is called "Spuiten & Slikken," or "Swallow and Shoot Up."
It would seem to be just another example of the interminable "reality TV" craze that seems to bear out Andy Warhol's prediction that "in the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes". Personally, I don't care much for reality TV, but that's just me.

I must say though, that "Spuiten & Slikken" does have a rather disgusting sound to it. It sounds like a condition that would be immediately followed by the "Dry Tortugas", no?

No comments: